I’m going to give myself two years to sink or swim in Manila. At the end of those two years I will decide whether I’ve made the Philippines my home once again, or if it’s time to move on.
There are no words to express how much I miss Oregon–the polite drivers, how efficient I was, the proximity of everything, the incomparable wine, easy access to Mt. Hood, farmers market eggs, raspberries in my back yard, Dante the dog, and most of all the people I grew to love there. But I decided to give life in the Philippines a shot after coasting through middle and high school here.
So here is my tropical adventure bucket list, and let’s see if I can’t fall back in love with life in the Philippines.
- Climb Mt. Taal
- Learn to parkour at Ninja Academy
- Go wine tasting at Sommelier Selection and Planet Grapes
- Find the best beer in Manila
- Join Ultimate Fitness with Jo and Stephen
- Go fishing–not the kind that you have to pay an entrance fee for
- Camp in Baguio
- Try all the different froyo and bubble tea chains in Manila
- Scuba dive
- Go to the zoo and aquarium
- Visit a museum (Mind Museum in Taguig?)
- Hike Mt. Pinatubo
- Visit Batanes
- Enjoy a beach in Zambales
- Visit hot springs (Hidden Valley?)
- Eat Indian, Chinese, Filipino, Korean, Japanese, Italian, French, Spanish, Mexican, Greek, Thai, Peruvian, Persian and American food–in one week
- Visit Bohol
Check out Intramuros(it was fascinating, but no pics allowed, so I’m afraid this would be a dull post)
- Eat at the waterfall restaurant in Villa Escudero
- Go to Amansinaya Mountain Resort in Batangas?
This will be a regularly updated post, so check back for progress!