It’s flu season! Or if it isn’t, everyone I know suddenly has some sort of the sniffles. Here are a few ways to fight the flu you’ve probably never heard of, for those of us who have tried everything else.
- Listen to jazz or relaxing music to boost your flu-fighting Immunoglobin A (IgA).
- Drink “Gogol Mogol,” a Russian/Ukrainian drink made by whisking an egg yolk with teaspoon of honey, then pouring it into a half glass of warm milk that has a tablespoon of unsalted butter melted in it. (Rum optional)
- Have a cup of hot cocoa!
- Munch on umeboshi, or, pickled plum (that is actually a type of apricot). You can also steep it in hot water with lemon and ginger to make a sort of tea.
- Eat some mashed turnips.
- Go for a tumble in the sheets once or twice a week.
- Chew a raw garlic clove every four hours.
- Take a hot shower, then switch to cool or cold water for the last 10 seconds.
- Get onion breath! Chew on a raw onion, or incorporate lots of onion into your foods.
- Drink more than 14 glasses of red wine a week for a year (yes!!)
- Sing to boost your IgA levels.