Find my writing online
- Building culture in a remote team (6Q)
- Hiring Remote Workers? Look For These 5 Qualities (Infographic) (15Five)
- Visa tips for remote workers (Teleport)
- How to Approach Social Media as a Small Business (Authentic Form & Function)
- How to Pack for Remote Work Success (Workfrom)
- 9 Tools That Will Help you Collaborate Effectively as a Freelancer (Shopify)
- Top time tracking best practices for freelancers (GetApp)
- Can Social Media Management Work with a Remote Team? (Agorapulse)
- Remote Work Essentials from Hubstaff’s Distributed Team (Surf Office)
- Holding Effective Meetings With a Distributed Team (Chargify)
Articles I wrote for Hubstaff. Check out my author archives for more.
- How We Use Guest Blogging to Build Relationships
- Twitter Management Takes Me 2x as Long as It Used to (and That’s a Good Thing)
- 7 Deadly Disadvantages of Working from Home and How to Counter Them
- How to travel the world and never miss a paycheck
- How to Work from a Coffee Shop and Keep Your Productivity High
- The Social Media Strategy that Boosted Visits by 230%
- Remote Work Retreats: Travel the World and Work from Anywhere
- The Tools Every Social Media Marketing Agency Needs
- Customer Acquisition Strategy: How 6 Social Media Agencies Gain Clients
- I manage the blog process for Profiles Asia Pacific. The HR blog is responsible for 60% of all site visits (based on Google Analytics data taken from a 6-month period).
- I managed the website build for Versatech’s B2B site. I also wrote all SEO web copy and continue to write white label blogs for them. The website attracted job candidates, partnership requests, and sales leads within the first 3 months of launch.
- Multi-Brand Holiday Trade Show | I wrote all the content included in this press kit. I also compiled the materials and assisted product setup for photoshoots.
- I have also crafted content and compiled materials for press kits covering wine dinners, wine education classes and notable figure visits.
Public Relations Campaigns
- Nicholson Library PR plan and materials | Over the summer of 2012, I was hired by the Linfield library to do various projects. That summer I proposed and created a public relations plan, which was then approved by the library director for me to implement. Materials are attached. The directories were printed and are available throughout campus and the feature story was published on the front page of the award-winning Linfield Review.
- Couture House PR plan and materials | One of my earlier PR plans, done for an independent designer and small-business owner in Manila, Philippines.
- Bannister Academy | A PR plan done for class on a relatively new and emerging international school in the Philippines.
- Seven of Hearts PR plan and materials | I decided it would be beneficial to create a PR plan from an outsider perspective before I began employment at this winery. It was reevaluated with insider knowledge once I’d worked in the industry for a full season. The entire campaign was written before I began employment. The materials attached were done after the related aspects of the plan had been approved.
- Twelve wine | An advertising campaign that was developed based on information gathered through various interviews in the wine industry and from scholarly research.
- READ Poster Project | This was an annual project for the library to promote reading and literacy. I coordinated photo shoots, then edited and composed the included posters.
- Wine Dinner Press Releases
- Sample press releases | Planet Grapes, a fine-wine importer with a retail tasting room
- Sample press releases | Wine Story, a retailer of fine and rare wines in the Philippines
- Sample press releases | Wine Story Academy, an Approved Programme Provider for WSET offering courses in Manila
- See more press releases in “Couture House,” “Nicholson Library” and “Seven of Hearts” PR campaigns above.
- Why and How 8 Successful Virtual Companies Invest in Remote Teams | I interviewed the awesome respondents in this article via email.
- 5 Productivity Hacks for Virtual Teams | Super fun to write, mostly because I needed a lot of those hacks.
- 3 Ways Remote Employee Monitoring Software will Make Your Life Easier | This article was inspired by how much easier everything became after discovering Hubstaff.
Or check out some sample articles;
- Sample blog articles | 237 Marketing + Web, a micro-agency that offers marketing and website services
- Sample blog articles | Profiles Asia Pacific, an assessment agency that offers employee training, development and testing services
- Sample blog articles | Planet Grapes
- I have ghost written articles covering SEO, human resources, social selling, email marketing, finding freelancers, time management, content marketing and more. I have worked with and written for CEOs of talent management firms, software startups and wineries, among others.
Social Media Management
- I have experience writing for and managing the social media accounts of a travel organization, winery, shoe company, non-profit, employee assessment center and marketing agency.
Online Content Creation and SEO
- In addition to writing web copy with SEO best practices, I also configure WordPress content with Yoast.
- I’ve created web content for a travel organization, employee assessment agency, marketing agency, winery and wine education company.
- I also have experience in writing email copy and crafting newsletters on MailChimp and Campaign Monitor.
Classes / Certifications
- For a list of classes and grades, please see my transcript from Linfield College.
- OLCC licensed (able to serve alcohol in the USA)
- Typing speed of 100 WPM as measured by typeonline.co.uk
- Took the ProfilesXT assessment, designed to measure an individual’s strengths and weaknesses, and core behaviors. Click the two previous links to review my results.
- Took the Wiley & Sons DiSC assessment from Manager Tools. View my results here; Rachel Go_DiSC assessment.