Content Marketing Coordinator (December 2016 – Present)
- Managed freelancers to ensure healthy blog pipeline.
- Maintained communications with marketing partners and coordinated blog post exchanges.
- Edited and handled quality assurance for all outgoing content and marketing materials.
- Created content process documents for QA and to train all new writers.
- Oversaw our content strategy, content calendar, and posting schedule.
Content Freelancer (January 2016 – present)
Sakas and Company
- Researched, enhanced, and edited articles.
- Wrote original blog posts and articles from marketing expert interviews/podcasts.
- Uploaded and formatted blogs in WordPress.
- Wrote, formatted and set up an automated email course in MailChimp.
- Built slide decks for presentations.
- Analyzed and edited brand content.
- Wrote feature articles, blog articles, press releases, and broadsheet information covering events, specials, wine tastings, tasting notes and new releases.
- Wrote and scheduled social media posts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter platforms.
- Published and formatted articles on client’s WordPress blog focusing on business, HR and talent management.
- Collaborated with partner companies for guest blogging opportunities.
- Wrote magazine articles on behalf of the company as a ghost writer.
SEO and Web Marketing Specialist (April 2016 – March 2017)
- Oversaw new website development.
- Managed content strategy for website build.
- Used SEO best practices to write web copy and initial blogs.
- Developed a strategic plan to improve company culture, including a new internal newsletter and employee rewards program.
Social / Content Specialist (January 2015 – September 2016)
- Wrote and edited marketing and technical blog articles using SEO best practices.
- Shared blog posts on social media and other content aggregator sites to increase reach, drive traffic and gain leads.
- Curated and scheduled social media posts and monitored accounts.
- Used Google Analytics to monitor and measure the success of social media and blog articles.
- Curated articles and wrote copy for a bi-monthly management and leadership newsletter.
Social Media Growth Manager (May 2015 – June 2016)
- Wrote blog posts, drove traffic and managed posting schedule.
- Crafted, scheduled and shared social media content.
- Created and designed quizzes aimed at our target audience to gain leads and capture information.
- Wrote and scheduled a monthly email newsletter.
Online Content Coordinator (July 2013 – December 2014)
237 Marketing + Web
View business card
- Wrote copy, managed event marketing, worked within deadlines, scheduled ad placements and coordinated marketing material productions.
- Organized and created content for print and email newsletters for clients and 237 Marketing + Web.
- Coordinated both client and 237 Marketing + Web social media accounts; managed data, created relevant and useful content, attained approval, scheduled messages, and interacted with clients and customers.
- Managed client and company WordPress websites and generated SEO-tailored content.
Marketing Intern (October 2013 – December 2013)
McMinnville Economic Development Partnership
- Managed and analyzed the company’s social media accounts.
- Created email signatures and designed the back of business cards, implementing social media information and QR codes.
Marketing Director (January 2013 – August 2013)
Seven of Hearts / Luminous Hills winery
View business card
- Handled in-house marketing functions, created and implemented a public relations campaign for the winery.
- Represented Seven of Hearts / Luminous Hills through written communication methods, at events and conventions and in person at the tasting room.
- Created and managed various communication tools, such as wine rack cards, the company website, social media accounts and a blog. Compiled a list of media contacts to send event invitations, press releases and other materials to. Achieved media coverage with target journalists and audiences.
- Operated the tasting room, including register and sales, serving wine, being a resource of information about the products and managing wine orders and promotions.
- Organized events such as winemaker dinners, collaborated with the winemaker, venue and the rest of the team.
Graduate Student Teaching Assistant (February 2013 – May 2013)
Information Gathering, Linfield College
- Checked and graded essays and assignments done for a research-intensive class in the Mass Communication Department called Information Gathering.
- Reviewed APA style citations and other bibliographic and research references.
Public Relations Intern (February 2012 – May 2013)
Linfield College Library, Susan Barnes Whyte
- Trained in customer service and handling difficult situations.
- Wrote and implemented a public relations campaign for the library.
- Wrote and designed media materials and collaborated with various media vehicles/channels.
- Photographed and organized READ poster project, including schedule coordination and working with Adobe Photoshop.
- Scripted and created training videos for incoming workers.
Research Assistant (September 2009 – December 2012)
Department of Mass Communication, Linfield College
- Inventoried media equipment. Trained in various media tools.
- Implemented and maintained a filing system.
- Managed the layout, design and content of the electronic media bulletin board.
- Conducted in-depth scholarly research for various projects, including an electronic media textbook and the International Pinot Noir Celebration.
- Graded quizzes and assignments. Organized class handouts and resources.
Colloquium Peer Advisor (March 2012 – February 2013)
- Collaborated with the Academic Advising office, a faculty advisor and incoming freshmen at Linfield College.
- Trained to handle difficult situations and confidential information.
- Demonstrated a strong academic background and leadership skills.
- Communicated and connected with people from different cultures, age groups and backgrounds.
Group Member and Webpage Editor for Agriculture Sector (March 2012 – May 2012)
McMinnville 100 Years Ago
- Collaborated on a research project about what McMinnville’s agricultural sector was like 100 years ago.
- Uploaded, managed and summarized content on the Web page.
Newsletter Writer and Designer (March 2012 – August 2012)
Homeward Bound Pets animal shelter
Writer, Web and Photo Journalist (September 2011 – December 2011)
International Programs Office, Linfield College
- Wrote the Linfield student guide for study abroad in Beijing University.
- Made online journal entries documenting experiences while studying abroad.
- Compiled a photo album of study abroad experiences.
Travel and Managing Editor (February 2011 – May 2011)
Linfield WildcatNation blog
- Wrote stories for the blog.
- Edited all posts for language, content and web functionality.
Student Writer (August 2010 – May 2011)
Office of College Relations, Linfield College
- Wrote press releases in AP style and study abroad stories to send to hometown newspapers.
- Organized and categorized story ideas.
- Tagged and organized photos in a database for Linfield College.
Information Director and DJ (August 2009 – May 2011)
KSLC college radio, Linfield College
- Managed DJ schedules.
- Wrote and distributed meeting minutes.
- Selected PSAs.
- Corresponded with interested parties.
- Conducted weekly EAS tests.
Linfield College, McMinnville, OR, USA
B.A. Mass Communication/Minor in English
Class of 2013; August 2009 – December 2012
Graduated cum laude with a GPA of 3.9 on a 4.0 scale
Peking University, Beijing, China
Semester abroad, September 2011 – December 2011
Brent International School, Philippines
IB Diploma recipient, Honor student
August 2005 – May 2009